Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Socks and a Trip to LYS!

So I've decided I want to try socks! I went to my LYS Lambikins Hideaway for the first time on 1/31 with the intent of trying socks. I had some Patons Stretch Sock yarn in Sugar that I really liked and needed some double point needles and a little direction. I found Lambikins tucked away in a cute building about 8 minutes from my house. As soon as I walked in I was in love. There were women chatting and knitting around the table and yarn OH! THE YARN! was everywhere on display for me to admire. I was recommended a set of Bamboo US2 DPN's by Crystal Palace and I was ready to go. I was welcomed to the table and as I cast on and the women realised I'd only been knitting a short while they were surprised yet very supportive of my undertaking. Working with the DPN's was difficult at first but once I got a few rows in I got comfortable and was a-ok. I got the ribbing done and starting on the leg by the time I had to leave. As I was packing up to leave I fell victim? to an ENABLER! Mary was lovely enough to show me some gorgeous red yarn that Leslie was buying and then led me to THE BOX! of sock yarn. I grabbed a skein and didn't let go. Thus is how I purchased my first. ever. "good stuff." sock yarn.


I give you Trekking XXL in colorway 165.


I will be making my "Happy Socks" with this.


No comments:

Post a Comment