Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Replica

I was given an absolutely adorable crochet hat that belongs to Michael and asked to replicate for the other 2 boys in the family. Lucky for me it was a fairly basic double crochet hat with a bill. I'd say I lucked out when I found the. exact. yarn. at Walmart while doing some grocery shopping. Working up the first hat took a little bit of time to get the gauge right and number of stitches but the other 2 were started and completed while riding up to Columbus for Easter. Yep, that's right 2 hats in 1.5 hours. And that includes the frogging of an almost complete hat because I decided it was just a wee bit too small.

I give you the original:



And the first replica. Your eyes do not deceive you, they are 2 completely separate hats. Pretty darn close if I do say so myself!



And here is Cade modeling his new hat.
Fits like a glove. Needed a little more room for all that hair!
Yarn: Red Heart Fleck- Aran
Hooks- J and K
Pattern: Improvised

No comments:

Post a Comment