Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Elizabeth Zimmerman's Baby Surprise Jacket

I've purchased my first EZ book (The Opinionated Knitter) and completed my first EZ pattern. I know I join the other 592,847,202 knitters out there that agrees she is a genius. A fantastic pattern (though slightly difficult to grasp as it's not written like a normal pattern row by row) that amazingly turns out just how she intended. Trust the pattern. It works!
I made the jacket for my cousin's son Skylar, who will be turning 1. I have not made anything for him and felt he was very deserving and would be too cute in this jacket. I used worsted weight superwash wool (your welcome Winky!) So that Dad can throw it in the wash and not worry.

It took 1 week from start to finish. After a disastrous start, Christina was able to get me on track with starting out with the right number of stitches! Cast on at Monday Knit Night 3/16, seamed and sewed buttons on at Monday Knit Night 3/23.

Of course I couldn't have done it without Chloe's help... now I see why I have cat hair in my knitting :)


Buttons are oh so essential and Lambikins had the perfect ones! Pewter hippos adorn this baby and I think they look adorable! And at $1 a piece I couldn't beat it!

I love this jacket!

Yarn: Cascade 200 Superwash, Plymouth Yarns Sara Superwash
Needle: US 8 Circular 24''

No comments:

Post a Comment