Friday, July 17, 2009

Check In for Fun Hoodie

So it was a rough last few weeks but I was able to get into Lambikins last Sunday (7/5) for some quality knit time with the ladies. I went with intentions to work on the Clapotis and Swallowtail, and I ended up leaving with a new project, new book, and the largest 1 times yarn purchase I have ever made. Everyone was working on this hoodie and I wanted a piece of it. I've watched countless projects done in classes and knit-alongs and I'd never jumped in. Until now. After seeing the Einstein coats, I wanted a squishy, lucious sweater/coat for myself. Enter Rowan Cocoon "aka Racoon" after a couple squeezes I couldn't let go. I went with an oatmeal and a red wine color. Knitting this up it is delightful. A little bit splitty and hairy because of the mohair but the resulting piece is unbelievably soft and warm. I've never felt anything like it. Christina swears that I will finish the object. I'm part of the Knit-A-Long on Sundays now so I have plenty of support and motivation. I can't wait to be able to wear this! (She also assures me it. will. fit!)
Oh and it's chunky yarn and Size 11 needles so it's moving along quite nicely!

This is a better representation of the color
v

I didn't tell the hubster how much I spent till later... much later.
Needles: US 11 Circulars, Metal

No comments:

Post a Comment